Fees for Private Work (Non-NHS)
Detailed below is a list of our current charges for services that are not provided on the NHS.
Please note that in order to complete even the simplest of forms, the doctor might have to check the patient’s entire medical record. Carelessness or an inaccurate report can have serious consequences for the doctor with the General Medical Council (the doctors’ regulatory body) or even the Police.
Time spent completing forms and preparing reports takes the GP away from the medical care of his or her patients. Most GPs have a very heavy workload and paperwork takes up an increasing amount of their time, so many GPs find they have to take some paperwork home at night and weekends, therefore please do not expect your GP to process forms overnight.
- Fitness to travel certificate – £30
- Driving licence signature – £30
- Private certificate – £20
- Income Protection – £30
- Private Health Insurance – £30
- Holiday cancellation form – £40
- Other insurance claim forms – £40
Full Medical Examination:
- PSV / HGV / PCV / LGV / Cab driver – £100
- Other DVLA Medicals – £100
- Pre-employment – £100
- Private Fostering/Adoption – £90
- Private Insurance – £130
- Private Consultation – £40
- ‘To Whom It May Concern’ letter e.g. Fitness to attend sport / school / university event – £30
- Confirmation of need to carry medication when travelling – £30
- Court of Protection (from medical records) – £50
- Court of Protection with visit – £90
- Occupational Health/Employment – £60
- Private Prescription – £20
If you would like to request any of the above please complete our online form.